[TowerTalk] Half-sized Bobtail Curtain for 20 Meters?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Half-sized Bobtail Curtain for 20 Meters?
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:01:09 -0600
Has anyone half-sized Cebik's 44 foot high
by 149 foot long 40 Meter Bobtail Curtain
in both dimensions for 20 meters?

Did you use open feed to the tuner in the shack,
or did you have to use an LC network at the base
of the vertical feeder?

If so, what starting values for L and C ?

I have 80 feet between two 22 foot "towers" and the
antenna would be broadside to the USA from EI/W5GN
and about 60 feet back from the 100 foot bluff
on the Atlantic; my current antenna for 80-10 is
a BigIR Vertical.

73

Barry, W5GN