Re: [TowerTalk] UST MDX-589 Electrical Question

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST MDX-589 Electrical Question
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:56:52 -0500
On 02/18/08 03:46 pm Les Kalmus wrote:

> I have an older US Tower, model MDX-589. The motor is wired for 120V.
> The motor label clearly shows it can be set for 240V.
> I have had 240V brought to the tower site. Can someone tell me if the
> raise/lower toggle switch needs rewiring for 240V?
> If so what needs to be done? I know people with MDX-589 towers which run
> at 240V but I don't know if the switching is the same.

The docs. pertaining to my HDX-555 with MCL100 Limit Switch package
include a section headed "1 HP wiring for 220V":

        "Black T4
        Tape T2 & T3
        Tape P2
        White P1
        Green T5
        Red T8"

-- where Tx and Px refer to terminals on the motor. There is no mention
of changes to other wiring.

NOTE: I cannot guarantee that the above connections do in fact apply to
your motor and control system. If you blow them up, it's not my fault.

73

Alan NV8A