Re: [TowerTalk] steppIR 30/40 addon

To: "Ken Eigsti" <diverken@chaffee.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] steppIR 30/40 addon
From: "JAMES HEADRICK" <W3CP@CHARTER.NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:48:55 -0000
Ken,

Although my 3el Steppir came with the 30/40 trombone looking driven element,
and was assembled on the ground I'll give my opinion about installing it on
the tower. Don't do it!! Drilling those holes for the mounting bracket is
the lesser of your problems.  There is considerable assembly associated with
this driven element housing - PVC gluing, and a lot of tiny, #4, bolts and
nuts out on the end of the element.

Once installed and up on the tower it is an amazing performer considering
the size.

Good luck,

Jim   w3cp