Re: [TowerTalk] Push Up Mast

To: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Push Up Mast
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:12:20 -0700
You can buy 3 inch or 4 inch diameter aluminum irrigation tubing in
lengths up to 60 feet long from Rain-for-Rent on the south side of
Tucson.  I don't remember the address off the top of my head but I think
it's a bit east of Kolb and just north of the freeway.  I bought a 40
foot length of the 4 inch stuff and was easily able to walk it up to a
vertical position.  You can probably talk them into delivering for free
if you're willing to wait until they need to send a truck in your area.
I bought new tubing with a .070 inch wall thickness (they also sell .052
inch) and it wasn't overly cheap, but you can also buy used tubing from
them when they have the size you want on hand.

I'd attach a pulley and rope to the top of the tube before raising it so
you can hoist up the dipole after you have everything secured.

73,
Dave   AB7E
just south of Sierra Vista
http://ab7e.com