[TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?
From: "Glenn Thorne" <gathorne@traer.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:03:06 -0600
I've seen descriptions and pictures of installations where lightning arrestors
were installed in a weather proof box at the tower base and others where they
are at the house entrance.  Which is better?

I plan on having the coax shied grounded at the top of the tower, bottom of the
tower and at the house entrance.  But where is the best place to put lightning
arrestors?  The run from the tower to the house will be about 30 ft. and will
be buried.

Thanks,

73, Glenn/KD0Q