Re: [TowerTalk] name that tower

To: Derek Cohn/WB0TUA <vibroplex@mindspring.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] name that tower
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:55:31 -0500
Derek,

As one other fellow commented, this appears to be a Tristao design.
It's an oldie, and definitely a lightweight crankup.  And, from the
pics,
it appears to be in decent shape.

Check the welds, where the cross bracing attaches to the tubes, to be
sure about that!   Painted over corrosion, or cracks,  wouldn't show
in the pics.

This has obviously withstood the test of time, with a small tribander
and VHF on top,
and is appropriate to that sort of load.    I would not load it more
heavily than what
you see there, now.

In addition, a caveat.   Probably unnecessary, but I'll say it anyway:

DO NOT CLIMB ANY PORTION OF THIS THING!!!
Crankups are guillotines.
Save your fingers and toes.
Keep them out of the 'work envelope'.

N2EA