[TowerTalk] Arboreal non-wire yagis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Arboreal non-wire yagis
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:33:46 +0000 (GMT)
Hi...

On my 1 acre lot, between the "front yard," the house and driveway, and two
towers,
I'm kinda outta room for more towers, but I do have lots of "vacant" trees near
the
property perimeter.

Please share your success stories with how to mount a yagi on the trunk of a
tree.  I'm
looking to probably fix these in one direction, so no rotation need be
accommodated.

The main thing is how to attach the boom of the yagi to the trunk of the tree.
If you have
any photos, I'd love to see them.  If you've got a "tram" type system, well,
I'd REALLY like
to see that!

Thanks,
de Doug KR2Q

PS.  I don't want to kill the trees, but I don't mind trimming branches!