Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Help

To: dxdx@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Help
From: JMLTINC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:04:08 EDT
Tony,

The DXA and SA series are different as one has a speed control  and preset
and the other does not, but there is no difference in  the control box between
an 800 and 1000 for a given series (did that make  sense?). My guess is a 800SA
or an SDX will work on the 1000 if you leave  out the #6 wire and if the
connectors are the same (my 1000DXA has a Molex and  my 800SDX has a Jones
connector).

In any event, before you use your other box, disconnect the plug  from the
back of the control box and measure pins 4 & 5. It should be + - 10  - 12 volts
when you press RIGHT or LEFT. If not, the box has a problem. If it  does have
voltage, connect the plug, but leave wire #6 disconnected. The rotor  should
turn. If it does not, suspect the rotor.

I am not sure what that #6 wire does, but it feeds  negative back to the PIC
inside the control box via limit switches inside the  rotor. Maybe it tells
the PIC to not allow rotation for computer control? Maybe  some Yaesu guru can
answer that one.

Keep us informed...

-J

Home.