Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base J (Anchor) Bolts

To: towertalk@contesting.com, thompson@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base J (Anchor) Bolts
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:20:58 EDT

In a message dated 3/28/2008 7:36:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I have moved my 71 foot crank up 4 times since  purchase.  I use 1"
galvanized bolts (threaded) from most big hardware  stores.  I notice now
that they will need to order  them.

    I'll betcha that the hardware store allthread  doesn't meet the
manufacturer's specs for bolt strength. OTOH your tower  hasn't fallen down
lately so
you've been lucky.

>  I don't  remember the length but I always get them longer than 36" so I can
bend the  bottom 6 to 9" in a right angle.

           You don't  need to bend them. Just double-nut the bottom of the
bolt and you're good to go.  All the J does is add some pull-out resistance to
the bolts. Double nuts will do  the same thing.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH

Home.