Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb
From: "Daron Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:57:12 -0700
>>bunch of 55 tower, all I can tell from the sheets is  that you stand them
up
>>around the tower and sheet metal screw them to each  other.  I guess you
just
>>build this triangle around the base and let  it rattle and bang around in
the
>>wind?

>        They're not that  complicated. I've made them out of sheets of thin

>plywood or sheetmetal. Drill  some holes in the material and then use hose
>clamps to affix it to the  tower. Simple and cheap.

I guess I wasn't clear in my question.  I'm fairly resourceful, I could
build a much better mousetrap in this case.  However it is an engineered job
and the engineer specified Rohn 55 with Rohn anti climb sheets, not plywood
or some custom sheet metal work.  SO...I have these nice galvanized sheets
from Rohn with 120 degree angles bent on one edge of the long side, each
with five holes punched in the short bent piece.  The 'kit' comes with 15
sheet metal screws.  The obvious installation is to stand these sheets up
around the base of the tower and use the self drilling sheet metal screws to
anchor one sheet to the next.  From what I can tell, this is it for the
installation unless I am missing something that Rohn had planned.  I'd
prefer to not drill holes in hot dipped galvanized material, on the coast
that is the death of it.  Cold galvanized spray helps a bit, but doesn't
last long.

Thanks for the suggestions, just trying to understand what how the original
design was supposed to work with what they sent.