Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical plans

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical plans
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:06:01 -0400
Iagree with Bill Jackson.  It would be great to have a four square on 75 and
even better to have a dipole four square as in the W9LT/K8UR config as AA4MM
does.  I have two dipole verticals (the old Mor-Gain antennas) with one
sloping toward the West and one sloping toward the NE.  I worked both the
9X0R and 5T5DC with 100 watts recently and currently have 308 on 75.  I did
have one K8UR/W9LT vertical from a tree in the front yard for 160 that
worked great until a storm brought it down.

Working low band DX with a decent antenna is fun!

73 Dave K4JRB