Re: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik SK; What a loss....

To: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik SK; What a loss....
From: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@knology.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:24:17 -0500
That's a huge loss. Those who know L.B. from his writings can infer the
level of grace and elegance this man radiated in person. He was, for several
years, a hugely popular speaker at many Hamfests, including the Huntsville
'fest where I first met him.

L.B. and his wife , Jean, were inseperable. Jean and my wife shared a
passion for wildlife rehabilitation, and hung out together while L.B. was
doing his Hamfest things, which is why we knew that Jean had become
legendary among Tennessee rehabbers for the volume of injured and orphaned
songbirds she had fostered over the years. When Jean died, the rehabbing
community asked that folks plant a songbird-friendly tree in her honor. The
response was enormous: and L.B. was deeply touched by those gestures. Our
Dogwood tree named Jean is thriving in our yard...L.B. has a picture of it.

It might seem silly to some, but how about planting your next antenna in
L.B.'s honor, and posting it's description here? Given his response to what
Jean's admirers did, it's a sure bet that L. B. wouldn't find it silly at
all.

73, L.B....you are missed already.

Chuck, N4NM