Re: [TowerTalk] Spid Rotator Control box?

To: "Deni, F5VJC" <foxfive.vjc@gmail.com>, "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spid Rotator Control box?
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:55:32 +0000
yes just a reed switch.  I've experienced the "turns one way but not the
other" problem intermittently a few times... it's either been a damp control
cable or a damaged reed switch problem.  Never had any control box issues
that caused this.  If you have had a wet rainy spring possibly that started
the problem, check the isolation between the conductors.  There should be a
very high or infinite ohmmeter reading betwen any of the 2 power leads and
the 2 pulse sense lines.  If the positive voltage from the motor leaks onto
the pulse line it may mask the pulses - when you reverse the motor you
reverse the polarity and the negative voltage may not affect the pulses in
the same way.

73 Don
VE6JY