Re: [TowerTalk] yaesu rotors

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] yaesu rotors
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:36:55 -0400
Bob Maser wrote:
> I worked for The quality manufacturer of 10 turn pots and they are still
> fragile, wirewound devices.  If you want the ultimate, why not buy a prop

Several job incarnations back I worked for a chemical company in the
semiconductor industry. We used a *lot* of motor driven, 10 turn pots in
a very hostile environment with nary a problem.  I much prefer them to
the new pulse system.  I had several C-Band setups here with two up at a
time.  Thunderstorms and power interruptions often meant I had to
realign the things.  If the controller had lost its memory that turned
into quite a bit of work.  Admittedly it'd be much simpler to realign a
simple rotator using the pulse system.
> pitch rotor and control it with a Green Heron controller.
You can do the same with the ProsisTel rotators and the Green Heron
controller as they are available together.
>   That's what I am
> putting up and I expect to have zero problems with it, regardless of what
> antenna(s) I put on it.

Always expect problems.  IOW plan for the worst and be pleasantly
surprised when it doesn't happen.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)