Re: [TowerTalk] Guy rope damping

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy rope damping
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 13:40:36 -0400
Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]
In this case though we're only holding a light Aluminum structure
vertical. In these cases I use only enough pressure to do so after the
"stretch" is out of the nylon as it really doesn't matter if the antenna
moves a little.  Pulling nylon "tight" is like tightening a guitar
string.  OTOH I've been up several hundred feet on a commercial tower on
a really windy day. Those big guy lines were singing quite loudly is a
rough musical note.

73

Roger (K8RI)