[TowerTalk] R.E. Matching Sections-Modified Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] R.E. Matching Sections-Modified Yagi
From: Nick Pair <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 23:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

If I remember right, when you remove the triagonal reflector and replace it
with a single one, you must increase the reflector to driver distance. If you
just placed the new reflector in the holes where the vertical boom the
triagonal reflectors were, it will be too close. I don't have the dimensions in
front of me right now, but I think the new location is about 2 3/4 inches past
the end of the existing boom. Cushcraft abandoned the tri reflector and you
could use the dimensions from the antenna they replaced it with as a starting
point for reflector length and position. The T match works well and if
you adjust the shorting bars on the driver you can dial in quite a range of
impedance's from the stock 13 or 14 ohms.
The modification of removing the triagonale reflector was done on quite a few
3219 and 42 18 beams for EME arrays and worked out well. You might check on the
vhf reflector and find someone with a better memory than I have on the mod.
Good Luck,
Nick
WB7PEK

Be a better friend, newshound, and