[TowerTalk] tower bases

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower bases
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:41:19 -0500
I figure if the engineer said"5 by 5 by 9" I'd make it "5 by 5 by 9" and not
worry about it.Yes it may cost a little more but when you're spending
several G's on it does 100-500 dollars one way or the other REALLY matter.
    The simple fact is they designed it with a square hole,which are NOT
hard to dig out.No pro should have a hard time with a 5 by 5 by 9 hole.It is
plenty wide to get the bucket in there and dig it out.I rented a mini and
dug two holes 3.5 by 3.5 by 5 and I was done in 3 hours and it was FUN.I was
able to get it square enough for my tastes,plus if your in an area that gets
frost you don't want the cement to hang over the undug part.The frost will
work it out of the ground OR break the cement off at the junction.Just the
way it is,don't ask how I know thet either hi hi hi.  Gregg  K9KL