[TowerTalk] Tim Duffy's W0IYH Balun-Choke Article (8/2003)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tim Duffy's W0IYH Balun-Choke Article (8/2003)
From: "Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:53:49 -0400
Just finished reading Tim Duffy's article on comparing the balun (100 Amidon
beads on a length of Teflon double shielded silver coax ), versus a standard
W2DU type.

Is this still the way to go for a 1:1 choke balun, I will be using it on a HF
log-Periodic and will fasten it to the bottom boom which is grounded. The one I
have on there now is a 24 bead unit , and I guess it was OK...and I don't want
a "Collins Loop" (takes too much of a beating hanging off the front of the
double boom.....

 Do we have a better "Mouse Trap in 2008"??

Thanks,

-Bill
kc4pe@bellsouth.net