Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant
From: "Marc Tessier - VE3TES" <ve3tes@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:38:25 -0400
Hello what I did was remove the shrink tubing all together and reinstalled
newer stuff, the type I was able to get my mitts on had a similar sealant like
the original tubing had. The manufacturer name is Raychem, Part # TCS2-15/17
Now this stuff was a bit larger than actually needed, so look for stuff about
35% larger than the area you wish to cover, i.e. if the coil is 1.25" try for
stuff that is 1 5/8" or similar in size in non shrunk dimensions...Most heat
shrink tubing specs will give min and max diameter size before and after
heating...

Good luck with your R5, and if you need any other info I maintain a web page
mostly devoted to the R7 , but many of the traps used on the R7 are used on the
R5...

73 and hope to meet you on air soon !!!

Regards,

Marc Tessier - VE3TES