Re: [TowerTalk] "The Art of Antenna Tramming"

To: towertalk@contesting.com, kc4pe@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "The Art of Antenna Tramming"
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:48:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/2008 7:19:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>   Every since day one I have been "Gin Pole'ing "  antennas up the
towers.  Going through the twist & flip at every  guide section,
etc..... Its easy but a lot of work ...but I notice a few  months back
a good discussing about "Advanced Tramming", and needless to  say some
of the terminology and procedure was unfamiliar to  me.

>  All of my towers are ground clear for 200 feet or  better, and all
towers are between 100 and 145 feet.... so with that much  room I
guess I better look into Tramming....????

>  My  question is is there a site or whatever, that  gives details
on   - Instructions  - Equipment needed - Tower Preparations - Ground
Prep  - Number of Personal - Hints - Be careful of ...etc on the "Art
Of  Traming"....

    Yes, tramming is one of the best ways to get  antennas up and down. I
have sent you a draft copy of the tramming chapter  from my way-behind-schedule
tower book which has some illustrations. Anyone  else interested, let me know
and I'll forward it to you.

    I'm hoping to have the book finished by the end  of the year. It has over
30 chapters and contains tons of useful information.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.