Re: [TowerTalk] Need new coax

To: KC0QNB <kc0qnb@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need new coax
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:00:53 -0400
Ryan,

PL-259s work perfectly with LMR400. You can solder or you can get ones
that crimp or a combo of outer crimp and center conductor solder. If you
use crimp style, you need to make sure they are sized specifically for
this cable since the center conductor is slightly larger than the
RG8/213 family. If you go with RG213 and crimp, make sure those
connectors are sized properly for that cable. For less than 100 feet I
wouldn't sweat the difference unless you need flexibility in which case
LMR400 is out.

Les W2LK