Re: [TowerTalk] Analyzers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Analyzers
From: "Brian Machesney" <nekvtster@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:25:44 -0400
If you're putting filters between the device under test and the analyzer and
need a correct impedance measurement, don't forget to account for the
transfer function of the filter. I had W3NQN build a custom filter about ten
years ago that had transfer zeros at the frequencies of two local AM
stations. I wrote a spreadsheet to perform ABCD matrix operations that
"backed out" the filter (and the measured characteristics of the
transmission line) to be sure I got readings that properly represented the
bahavior at the feedpoint.

Brian K1LI