Re: [TowerTalk] Jefa Tech cable QUALITY ? Resp from DAVIS RF Co

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Jefa Tech cable QUALITY ? Resp from DAVIS RF Co
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:19:56 -0700
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:46:27 -0400, Steve Davis -Davis RF Co. wrote:

>But who has actually tested this cable??

And who QCs it?  Cable is a commodity, traded by fools who are
playing Monopoly games with it to make money. I work in the world of
pro audio. There are dozens of companies selling commodity cable to
sound contractors. There are rarely meaningful specs, no one is
QCing it, it may be come out of one factory one day and another the
next. Contractors have reported splices in the middle of rolls, and
other crazyness.

My spec for sound sytems forbids the use of any of these "brokered"
cables. It requires that all cable be imprinted with the name of the
company who manufactures it or actually QCs it.

Jim Brown K9YC