Re: [TowerTalk] HAM III x HAM IV and others

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM III x HAM IV and others
From: Rob Frohne <rob.frohne@wallawalla.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 20:08:44 -0700
Hi Roger, et. al.,

When the wind really blows, I hold the brake down and let the antenna
rotate by turning the motor to the direction it wishes to be.  I then
release the brake lever so the brake is re-engaged.  That way the
antenna doesn't tend to more than swing back and forth a quarter of a
turn or so if the mast rotates in the rotor, and I can recalibrate it
without climbing the tower (using the adjustment on the rotor control
box).

73,

Rob, KL7NA