Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:07:35 -0500 (CDT)
TT:

From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: 2008/06/24 Tue PM 01:50:56 EDT
To: towertalk@contesting.com, rtnmi@sbcglobal.net

<snip>....

        If the mast is too short,  you can use a piece of aluminum tubing of
an appropriate length. Lash it to a  tower leg with a pulley on the top and
that'll work.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

....<snip>

     When I assembled my tower I used Steve's technique of lashing the ginpole
to a leg of my Trylon tower.  I have a photo of the arrangement at:
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=Ginpolesupportchain.jpg
 .  Note that I also included a length of steel chain and a couple of heavy S
hooks in the ends of the chain on which to support the weight of the ginpole.

     Questions? - you know where to find me.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F