Re: [TowerTalk] Delta Loop compared to Dipole (actual experience)

To: "Bob" <rgshauger@myyellowstone.net>, "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>, "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Delta Loop compared to Dipole (actual experience)
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:07:22 -0400
Actually, the delta loop is fed at one of the lowers by many because of
convenience.  When fed at that location, it is more of a oblique radiation
polarization pattern rather than the preferred vertical polarization.  The
best way is 1/4 wavelength down from the apex and the characteristic
impedance at that point is ± 110 ohms, which is far from the 600 ohms
recommended by another contributor to this reflector.
IMHO and actual usage, for 75 I still like the four square head and
shoulders above even a pair of Delta loops with their apex's at 100 feet,
based on my experperience.

Bob W6TR