[TowerTalk] US Tower RMC-1000 control box question

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower RMC-1000 control box question
From: "Scott McClements" <kc2pih@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:36:07 -0400
Hi All,

I am just starting to do some refurb on a used 1992 US Tower HDX572 I
bought. It has the RMC-1000 remote option. I  The tower is on stands
right now. I took off the drive belt and without any remote control
box hooked up, I plugged the tower into AC  locally at the tower. I
flipped the switch to both raise and lower the tower and the motor
didn't start up or even make a sound. I have a few documents from
various about the RMC-1000 circuit in both the remote control box and
in the local control box. I started to draw up a schematic for myself
too. I am running a heavy extension cord directly to my service
entrance on a 20 AMP circuit.

Now a few questions. Does the remote box need to be hooked up to run
the local controls? If so, can I bypass that, because I don't plan on
using the remote option. If it should have worked as, where should I
start on this. I did some basic checks with a volt meter, power is
getting to the terminals. I checked the 20 AMP fuse while it was in
the holder. It appears ok, but maybe I should pull it out of the
holder. I don't know what to look for next.

Here is a picture of the 1992 vintage innards :

http://picasaweb.google.com/mcclements/HDX572/photo#5204788277235808658

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

-Scott, WU2X