[TowerTalk] An A-3S question

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] An A-3S question
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:19:49 -0500
I replaced my trusty A-3S with a Bencher Skyhawk.I wanted to take the A-3
and mount it at 40 feet on my new Rohn 45 tower.It is mounted about 5 feet
above the guys but it is NOT at the top of the tower.The tower is 85 feet
tall.I wanted to point it E/NE and jsut leave it there.
    We got it up for FD and noticed the SWR was not very good.It was great
on the top of the old tower.We changed nothing.The guys are farther away
then they were with tower top monting.The guys are steel but are 77 feet
long.The driven element is about 2 feet away from one of the legs of the
tower.
    I'm lost as to why it changed,any ideas.The swr is about 2.5:1.Feedlines
check good.Balun is good.
            Stumped   Gregg K9KL