Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tarnish removal

To: Larry WA9VRH <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tarnish removal
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 17:02:34 -0700
I'll second the SOS pads.  I know folks have raised concerns about
leaving pieces of steel behind but it just doesn't happen in my
experience.  Even old heavily oxidized pieces clean up very quickly.
Rinse well and call it a day.

As an experiment recently, I tried a spray cleaner intended for aluminum
alloy wheels.  It's a product available at most any auto parts store.
It contains some pretty harsh stuff: hydrofluoric acid, sulfuric acid,
etc.  SOS pads are easier and provide better results.

-Jeff
KE7FRJ