Re: [TowerTalk] positive pull down for Tri-ex towers

To: Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] positive pull down for Tri-ex towers
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:59:35 -0400
That is absolutely right about the top section hanging up when trying to
lower the tower in a strong wind.  The wind tilts it so that it will not
fall freely until the wind lets up.  If you had been cranking it down at
the time that it hung up the cable would have gone slack, but when the
wind let up, the top section would suddenly and rapidly fall until the
cable was again taut.  Used to happen frequently with my old EZ-Way.
Very dangerous and unnerving.  Positive pulldown is a real plus.

73, Joe
K2XX