[TowerTalk] Electronic Dog Containment Fence Noisy?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Electronic Dog Containment Fence Noisy?
From: "Craig Thompson" <craig@thompsonet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:19:24 -0500
Yes....they will cause interference unless there is a filter for the harmonics
generated. I have had terrible interference on 160 and some on 80. I installed
a filter on the output of the installed transmitter and it was reduced
significantly. The output uses a twisted pair and will be exposed until it is
buried. That is where alot of radiation occurs to your rx. Locating that far
away, in raceway and as short as possible will also help.

Don't expect your neighbor to buy the filter. You will need a Corcom filter
with a ground rod connection.

Good luck, Craig K9CT