Re: [TowerTalk] TX RELAYS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX RELAYS
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:33:49 -0400
On the other hand, TopTen has used very inexpensive DPDT relays in its
1500-watt remote relay switchboxes for a decade or more.  They are
Panasonic brand JW1FSN-DC12V (12V coil), priced at 2-05 in onesies in the
latest Mouser.  I recall George W2VJN recounting lengthy key-down tests
with up to a 3:1 SWR, and I'm sure if failures were common we would have
heard about it, from RTTY contesters in particular.