Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Selection Assistance

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Selection Assistance
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 04:15:18 -0400
Richards wrote:
> Excellent analogy, and yet I think it is still a fair question...
> notwithstanding
> how it open ended it might be.    I like red cars!!
>
> Man.. I looked up the HyGain TH-11DX on rig pix... and it  is
> REALLY BIG.   No wonder you like it!

Tain't nearly as big as some, but it does have good performance 20-10.
I'd still like to hear some comparisons between the TH11 and the
Tennadyne T14.10-30HD (30 through 10 meters) with a 42 ' boom and the
longest element being 53'.. I've had one suggestion to look into it and
one that had problems with fit and strength. OTOH I even had a fit
problem on the boom of a 7L C3i when they got in some out of spec
tubing, but they made it right and did so promptly.

I need something good and rugged at it will end up at roughly the same
height as the nearby trees. We get a lot of wind that is usually is very
turbulent and contains lots of small branches.

73

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)