[TowerTalk] Neat way of making a rotable dipole

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neat way of making a rotable dipole
From: Marinus Loewensteijn <zl2ml@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:09:12 +0000

I think I just came across a neat way to make a rotatable dipole without using
an insulator in the middle or splitting the dipole there.

This means there is no weakening the dipole in the centre which has always been
a hindrance in the construction.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Ant/LA6PB/splitdipoleeng.htm

Just another way of using a choke, hi hi.

Another thought has just occured to me - it can even be used to make a trap
somewhere along the antenna by using a number of torois and just having a piece
of tubing around it with one side attached to the element and the other side
with a piece of teflon as dielectric to function as a capacitor. The neat idea
about this is that you can tune the antenna by sliding the torids / capacitor
along the element.

Enjoy!73,Marinus, ZL2ML