Re: [TowerTalk] quick-disconnect for rotor wires etc.?

To: Randy <randy@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] quick-disconnect for rotor wires etc.?
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 13:54:47 -0400
Six pin trailer type connectors (male, female) are used on the TIC Ring and
T2X rotators.  The connector's sex at the rotor is opposite  used on the
back of the rotor control.  Helps when trouble shoot the rotors on the
ground.  Make sure you record the wiring arrangement.  Lost the use of a
rotor at FD this year because failed to write down rotor to trailer
connector connection arrangement and didn't realize the info. was missing
until after the tower/rotor/mast/ant. were in place.

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Randy <randy@gte.net> wrote:

> Excellent suggestion, thanks!
> Cheap enough, and locally/immediately available, perfect.
> Thanks!
>
> 73,
> Randy
> KZ4RV
>
> W5CPT wrote:
> > I used two 4 Pin Trailer connectors - back to back.  That is one has the
> female on the rotor and the other has the male on the rotor with the
> matching pieces on the cable.  They are designed to be used outdoors and are
> waterproof.  They can be had at any place that handles auto parts.  They do
> make an 8 pin but to my knowledge they are not available locally.
> >
> > Clint - W5CPT

Mike, K4GMH