[TowerTalk] Interlacing Quads and Yagis. Yes or No

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interlacing Quads and Yagis. Yes or No
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:09:44 -0400
I am in the beginning stages of a major antenna overhaul here. I already have
(but not installed) a Tri-Ex LM-470D tower and I am trying to decide what to
put on top of it. Recently I came across a Cush Craft 2 element 40 meter beam
so I brought it home to roost. Now I want to decide what to use for 20 thru 10
meters. I really like quads. I had an old HyGain quad many years ago which
should have given me or anyone who owned one a bad taste for them but I guess
the years have been kind. Now I would like to use a quad again. However I think
the vertical spacing between the 2 element 40 and a quad on the same mast would
be so great that I wouldn't want to try it. So I have given some thought to
building a 2 element quad on the same boom as the 2 element 40. I can beef the
boom up to a 3" boom if necessary. I just want to know if someone has done this
before and with what results.

Thanks in advance,

Bill AD8P
ad8p at wcoil dot com