Re: [TowerTalk] Heights Towers Aluminum??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heights Towers Aluminum??
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:13:34 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Dick,

Unlike K3CB's recent experiences with the catastrophic failure ofboth of his
Heights crank-up towers (one in dead calm weather and the other in light 30 MPH
winds), the collapse of the Heights tilt-over tower was the direct result of an
inexperienced tower owner significantly exceeding the maximum dead weight
specification.

I suspect he isn't alone in failing to appreciate the importance of not
exceeding the dead weight specification for tilt-over towers.

73
Frank
W3LPL