Re: [TowerTalk] Connection Tower to ground rods

To: Artmouton <k5fnq@cox.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connection Tower to ground rods
From: chasm@texas.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:47:03 -0500
Artmouton wrote:
> I have hammered in two 8' copper ground rods.
> Will probably do two more later - they ain't cheap and not easy (although we
> are all dirt and gumbo mud here in South Louisiana.

do you mean copper COATED steel rods which is what you find in the box
stores?  I have never seen a real copper rod - certainly not in the
last 40 yrs.

also, I have found rolls of copper flashing at Home Depot (orange box)
used for roofing and that is about 6" wide, thickness escapes me but I
cut off what I need, roll it on a pipe or rod lengthwise, and then
hammer it loosely flat and then attach what is left using the clamps
you can find at

73 de chas/k5dam

//