Re: [TowerTalk] Heights Towers Aluminum??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heights Towers Aluminum??
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:46:25 -0700
I was visiting my old buddies, Harbor Frieight, a couple weeks ago ... they
had on special an aluminum welding rod that advertised you only needed a
propane torch to make a super aluminum connection ... like, beams, towers,
hardware?  I suppose this was what is meant by "buttering".  I did not buy,
don't need any just this moment, but wonder if anyone else has tried this
product ..
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44810
Could certainly be handy if it does an anywhere near good job...Mark
AA6DX@ARRL.NET