[TowerTalk] Carolina Windom 40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Carolina Windom 40
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 04:13:09 -0000
Hi Folks!
I just built and put up a Carolina Windom 40 at about 40 ft.  I had to take
about 8 ft of the 41 foot leg and bend it down and away from the mast and
horizontal part of the wire, because of space issues, but it seems to work.
The only issue is that while it loads up on 80, 40 and 15, it won't load up
on 20M!  I haven't tried 10 or the WARC bands.  The 10 ft of coax between
the center 4:1 balun and the line isolator is about 10 ft from my vinyl
siding and the antenna sags in the middle to about 36 ft.
Any ideas on what I could do better?

I also put up a 40M NVIS dipole and that seems to work better not only to
South Carolina (from New Jersey), but to Belgium!  About three S units
different on my IC-756PRO3!
73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964