Re: [TowerTalk] ground radial length vs antenna height?

To: "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground radial length vs antenna height?
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:55:53 -0400
I have been using a homebrew version of the Hygain Hytower with great
results on 75,40 & 20.  I have 80 ground radial of varying lengths from 30
to 150' long and I feed it with a 175' run of LMR900.  It works great on all
3 bands.  I can work everything I can hear and it hears well.  On 20 it is
3/4 wavelength long an I can crack any pileup with it running 1KW.  I also
used to believe that verticals were second rate at best but no longer.  Look
for me anytime on 14185.

Bob W6TR