[TowerTalk] Reprise: How do I stop 2"-OD Chromoly mast from slipping in

To: "Towertalk e-Goups" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reprise: How do I stop 2"-OD Chromoly mast from slipping in PST-61C rotator clamp?
From: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:27:42 -0400
Tks again to all who replied.

I'm a little red-faced over this, as it turns out to be operator error.

During an earlier repair to the rotator control box, involving the limit window
comparator chip, I tweaked pots, in other parts of the circuit, which should
have been left alone.  At 5mV per degree of rotation, it didn't take much
effort to get into the tall weeds.

In any case, one of the silver linings is that, independent of the manual, I
think I now have a good working hallucination of how this thing works.

Are there other Prosistel owners who'd be interested in contributing to this
good working hallucination?

If so, I guess the best place to reply is off-line, for openers anyway.

The second silver lining is that those clamps are much more rugged than I gave
them credit for being.

Tks again & 73,

Dave, W8FGX