Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SA Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800SA Problem
From: "Terrence R. Redding, Ph.D." <terry@oltraining.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:22:18 -0400
Terry, thanks for the response.

It appears the same symptoms can be produced by several different problems.
I am pulling the tower down today and looking for water in the connector.  I
don't expect that is the problem - but it is worth checking.

Others have mentioned the possibility of a mechanical failure, and now you
have mentioned the possibility of a circuit board.

It seems to me that there ought to be a way to trouble shoot and narrow down
the problem?

Thank you for taking the time to comment.  I use the beam quite often for
the Hurricane Watch Net, and have a day between hurricanes which gives me
time to check it out, but then I will have to put it back up - in order to
use the station.

Terry - W6LMJ