[TowerTalk] 25G/House bracket

To: "T talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25G/House bracket
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:05:53 -0500
Hi All,

A friend and I are helping a YL HF operator reactivate after several years QRT.
 Now a gentleman never shares a woman's age, but let's just say she could have
voted for Truman, and maybe for FDR.  So yes, she needs a little help.

I've uploaded her yard-map to my company's website if you will take a look:

www.ccoinc.com/Yardmap.pdf

She is wanting the tower up against the house, rather than having us move her
vertical.  She has five sections of 25G, will have one section sunk in concrete
for the base, and will be putting up a Cushcraft ATB-34 yagi on it.

Putting it against the house raises some issues as to guying the tower, but
what would be the safe height for this, unguyed, if we were to house or
eave-bracekt the antenna?

She is southeast of Oklahoma City, so yes there will be winds from time to time.

Your thoughts are appreciated.  I've assisted putting up several towers but
this will be my first time "in the lead," so advice is welcomed.  If any of you
are in the OKC area and would like to help with this, most likely some day in
October, please let me know.

73,
Art, KØRO