[TowerTalk] Running coax outside to tower on cable tray

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Running coax outside to tower on cable tray
From: "Roger White" <rwhitetexas@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 17:56:27 -0500
My tower is about 30 feet from the shack in the garage. I am presently running
multiple coax and a rotator cable thru a 4 inch buried pipe to the tower. I
want to run some more cable (a CAT5 for now) and in the future have easier
access for future expansion, repair, etc. Has anyone used outside a cable tray
(possibly elevated) to run their coax, etc. to the tower? I have a fence near
the tower so I can run the coax to the fence and then attach an elevated tray
of sorts, so the elevated portion should not be in the way as it goes to the
garage (shack). I have seen cable trays inside of buildings, but do not need
something as wide as these, just enough width to hold 4 to 5 coaxes and a few
other cables.

Roger W5RDW
Murphy, Texas