[TowerTalk] Fiber reinforcement instead of rebar?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fiber reinforcement instead of rebar?
From: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:00:56 -0700
Yes, before anyone says it, I do know the LXC prime directive.

Now that we have that out of the way, does anyone have any experience or (PE
informed) advice on the topic of using some kind of fiber additive rather
than a rebar cage for the base of a free-standing tower (a Trylon T500-72 if
you must know :-) )?  The base is a block of 3000 PSI concrete around 5.5' x
5.5' x 7'.

Rumor has it that modern fiber additives are just as strong as rebar in this
type of foundation application, and for reasons that don't bear explanation
a rebar cage will be a bit annoying in this particular location.

Thanks!

                           ***dan, K6IF