Re: [TowerTalk] buried ground connections - a 13-year data point

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] buried ground connections - a 13-year data point
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:48:18 -0400
You're lucky, Pete. About 12 years ago I dug up a rod that had been in the
ground only 3 years. The clamp had completely disintegrated and the wire was
no longer connected to the rod. Must be a lot more acid in our soil up here
in NH, maybe from all that acid rain the factories in the Midwest used to
send over here.

This is why I converted to Cadweld joints. So far, they're holding up well,
even after 11 years.

73, Dick WC1M