[TowerTalk] CrankUp LM 470 Tower - Help...???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CrankUp LM 470 Tower - Help...???
From: "Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:10:07 -0400
If you have a TriEx LM-470 or the Tashjian copy of, then I need your help.

 On relocating the tower I need a new RCB-70LT (Rebar base with mounting ears).
I placed an order with Tashjian last May and still no shipment from Tashjian.
I've been toldand went to the top of the list many times that I was next on the
list and even given shipping dates that were pure stories..

Finally in July I was told they were over their big government contract and
ready to do Amateur Radio stuff. A month later I was told NO they had to do
some big commerical orders that just came in and hopefully I would have the
base before the year is out...

At his point I asked them to send me the three ears and I would have the frame
welded up locally. ( I have all the detailed prints) No!  was the answer they
don't do that because when they did they got into trouble.

So now I thinking about talking to a machine shop/metal contractor and let him
build the frame.

Here is where I need help, if you have digital camera and a LM70 tower would
you please go out and take some close up pictures of the base mount, so the
contractor can see the relationship between the base/tower/tilt-over-frame. A
couple of shots with various angles would be great...I don't need the tower
tilted or anything just the three ears bolted together etc.

Thanks,

-Bill

Kc4pe@bellsouth.net