Re: [TowerTalk] house entrance ground for RF ground?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] house entrance ground for RF ground?
From: Eugene Jensen <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:44:47 -0400
The new NEC code requires Radio Towers ( It not related to any particular
service to be bonded and grounded. Wither your code official is up to speed
is a matter of where you are. Because my Matt foundation was so large it
required a commercial inspection and he passed it and 55 yard of 3000 Ibs.
mix is in the hole. It's not only bonded with very large copper cable to the
rebar it will also be a #6 ring and run out a total of 36 feet. Useing 10
foot commercialt ground rods. Standard cell tower system. I planning since I
have the Hard line Kits to ground it at the top of the tower and then at the
bottom before the 100 foot run under ground to a  bussbar and poly ground
plate system on the coax lines. Depends on how large of a strike I take if
their will be damage. Like all good hams I will try my best. Champion Radio
Products use to sell a book on the subject and made for a lot of information
on the subject. They still might as I brought my copy years ago and it not
like the stuff change all that much.  73 Gene K2QWD