Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding with Polyphaser lightning arrestors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding with Polyphaser lightning arrestors
From: Tim N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:04:38 -0500
Roger (K8RI) wrote:

> If you go to W8IJ's page you will
> see he doesn't use anything other than a good grounding system.

I was reading this the other day. It apparently works in his
situation. What keeps anything connected to the center conductor of
the coax runs protected?

Separate question... I've seen several places that you should not use
a Cadweld connection to the leg of Rohn 25 or 45 tower because of the
potential to burn a hole in the tower leg. What is the preferred
method of attaching a heavy ground wire or copper strap? Any special
preparation for the leg itself?

Tim, N9PUZ